The National Athletics Association of Zimbabwe is committed
to a strong, dynamic Federation with sufficient qualified
coaches, officials, Administrators, capable of identifying
talent, conducting meetings, in order to meet athlete and
competition needs throughout the Country
The National Athletics Association of Zimbabwe is based on
the following core benefits and convictions:-
1.0 Our Organisation is based on intergrity, mutual respect
2.0 We believe in the rights of every citizen to participate
in athletics regardless of race, gender, ability,
geographical, religion or economics
3.0 We are honest and frank in our communications.
The objectives of "The Association" shall be:
1. To manage, control and improve Athletics in the country.
2. To grant permission to Affiliated Boards, or, on the application of an Affiliated Board, to any Club or Clubs or other sports promoting bodies, to hold Athletics meetings under permit from "The Association" provided that such permission shall only be granted for and in respect of meetings which conform to all the Rules and requirements of "The Association" and the "international Amateur Athletic Federation.
3. To ensure uniformity of rules for the control of Athletics and the management of all athletic Competitions in the country and generally to enforce observance thereof.
4. To enforce the observance of the Constitution and Rules governing Championships and Competitions held under the rules of "The Association" and to deal with any inffringements thereof.
5. To appoint, and at its discretion, remove, or suspend, such officials or members of the Executive Committee or of "The Association", as may from time be considered necessary.
6. To encourage the establishment through the medium of Affiliated Board of Clubs or other Associations, having as thier object, the participation in and improvement of Athletics in the area where they are situated.
7. To arrange for the selection of competitors to represent the country elsewhere and to grand permission to athletes and clubs under the jurisdiction of "The Association" to complete at Athletics meetings outside the country.
8. To do all that may be deemed necessary or desirable in the interests of, and the advancement, control, regulation and good government of Athletics according to the Rules of the International Amateur Athletic Federation and the Competition and General Rules of "The Association".
-Setting the foundation for tomorrow’s champions
-Now or never
-Strength of earning my National colours
-Setting the pace for champions
National Athletics Association of Zimbabwe